Family Immigration

Family Reunification

The family immigration law attorneys at the New Jersey immigration law office of Meyner and Landis LLP provide legal services to assist US citizens, legal US residents, immigrants and refugees who are seeking reunification with their family members or loved ones to secure family-based immigrant visas.

Our attorneys will work with you to accurately and completely prepare the forms and petitions required by the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in order to bring fiancés or spouses, children or other family members to the U.S. and to assist with the naturalization of foreign-born nationals who already possess a green card but are seeking permanent residence and citizenship.

Marriage: We provide legal assistance to help secure temporary fiancé visas. We also assist foreign-born spouses who find themselves abandoned or physically abused by an American spouse and are seeking assistance to remain in this country. Under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), the spouse and children of a US citizen or lawful resident may self-petition for permanent residency without the knowledge or assistance of the abusive husband.

Among the paperwork required for immediate relative petitions for family-based immigrant visas you may require the following:

  • I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
  • I-641- Waiver Showing Extreme Hardship to US Citizen (for cases in which a spouse’s deportation would create family hardship for the US spouse)
  • I-360 Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er) or Special Immigrant: Self-Petitioning Spouse of Abusive U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident

Our immigration attorneys can help with every aspect of your family-based immigrant visa application. For a free evaluation and estimate of your case, please complete our Immigration Intake Form.

With offices in Newark, New Jersey and New York, New York, the immigration attorneys at Meyner and Landis LLP represent individual foreign nationals throughout New Jersey, including Essex, Bergen, Hudson, Union, Middlesex, Passaic and Morris Counties, as well as throughout the United States.